New Offering to Help Clients Realize the Benefits of Diversity as a Business Imperative and the Role of Strategic Communications
New York, October 6, 2016 – PPR Worldwide, a global, full-service public relations agency, today announced the launch of its Diversity Specialty Group. The team will provide strategic counsel to clients navigating diversity communications initiatives. Led by San Francisco-based Vice President, Jillian Fisher, the group will include experts from the global PPR network and kicks off with new client Wonderbag.
“The diversity conversation continues to be front and center in the media with attention on gender and racial diversity inside companies, empowering women globally, and race-related dialogues like #BlackLivesMatter,” said Fisher. “In an ongoing quest for parity, organizations have an opportunity to increase their communications activities to bring diversity of thought to campaigns that also have a positive impact on business performance.”
The PPR Worldwide Diversity Specialty Group kicks off with new client Wonderbag, a unique powerless slow cooker that is transforming the lives of women in Africa. For every Wonderbag purchased in the developed world, a contribution is made to the Wonderbag Foundation – supporting the donation of bags to families in need throughout Africa.
“I was first introduced to PPR Worldwide through being a member of the Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network and I was keen to hire them for their professionalism and expertise in championing the success of women,” said Sarah Collins, founder, CEO of Wonderbag. “We have exciting updates coming from Wonderbag this year, and I’m confident that PPR will help to make them a success.”
“The mission of PPR Worldwide is to be our clients’ indispensable communications partner, bringing innovative thinking and outstanding execution to generate meaningful results,” said PPR’s US CEO, Fred Hawrysh. “We are launching a PPR Diversity Specialty Group to help clients strategically and creatively address specific communications opportunities and challenges as their businesses navigate the opportunities and complexities of diversity.”
The PPR Worldwide Diversity Specialty Group provides a portfolio of services to help clients, including:
- Brand positioning and messaging: Consumers want to trust and do business with companies who understand them from different economic, political and cultural perspectives. PPR Worldwide will work with clients to refine existing programs and develop new programs that illustrate their diversity initiatives.
- Corporate Reputation/ Thought Leadership: Internal and external campaigns to demonstrate an organization’s understanding and commitment to improving diversity initiatives that map directly back to its mission and values.
- Internal Communications: Organizations must solve for changing mindsets and uncovering unconscious bias at every level. Internal communications functions will play a critical role in educating all levels of leadership, recognizing the innovators and disruptors within.
About PPR Worldwide
PPR Worldwide is a global, full-service public relations agency operating from 14 offices in North America, Asia-Pacific and Europe. PPR has served and continues to serve global clients including McDonald’s, Dell, Emirates, Microsoft, ALDI, Chevron and ExxonMobil, among others.
The agency is experienced in diversity communications initiatives having received the following accolades for its diversity work on behalf of clients:
- 2016 PR Week “Business-to-Business Campaign of the Year”
- 2015 PRSA Silver Anvil “Integrated Communications”
- 2014 PR News’ “Marketing Communications Campaign of the Year”
- 2013 Gold Sabre for “Multi-Market Campaign of the Year”
- 2013 PR Week Honorable Mention for “Cause-Related Campaign of the Year”