Influencers as Brand Evangelists
Challenge: Dell has been a leader in CSR strategies for years, but wasn’t getting credit for its efforts beyond trade media and CSR industry experts.
Solutions: Dell and PPR Worldwide saw an opportunity to engage high-profile person, to speak through people who live in and understand the social circles the Dell was aiming to reach – millennials. To do so, the team unveiled a new partnership with actor, musician and entrepreneur Adrian Grenier, Dell’s first-ever Social Good Advocate during SXSWW 2015 and has engaged him in ongoing programming throughout 2015.
- SXSW: Announcement of Social Good Advocate and CSR panel garnered coverage in top tier publications, including USA Today and Fortune.
- Social Metrics: Number of posts: 3,145, Reach: 9M
- Traditional Metrics: Reach: 29M
- Cannes Lions & Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network: Social good awareness in Europe and with entrepreneur and advertising/media community with coverage in Entrepreneur and Huffington Post and speaking at both events
- Social Metrics: Number of posts: 48 posts, Reach: 29K
- Traditional Metrics: Reach: 1.8M
- Social Good Summit: Raised awareness of Dell social good initiatives and tech driving change
- Coverage in lifestyle press including. Mashable, OK!
- Social Metrics: 381 posts, Reach: 53M
- Traditional Metrics: Reach: 1.5M
- Tech Takeback Day: Drove broad awareness of tech recycling w/coverage inc. Bloomberg TV, CNBC, HuffPost Live, NY Daily News; tweets and retweets from Arianna Huffington and Edward Norton
- Social Metrics: Number of posts: 618, Reach: 10M
- Traditional Metrics: Reach: 2B
- COP21: Positioned Dell as corporate sustainability leader with broad set of global stakeholders; strong social sharing and video interviews with CNBC and GreenBiz.
- Raised awareness of Lonely Whale initiative powered by Dell with key influencers – including Secretary of State John Kerry
- Social Metrics: Number of posts: 296, Reach: 3.1M
- Traditional Metrics: Reach: 18M